The random thoughts and experiences of Bob and Debbies second son, Kelly's husband, Jonathan and Rebecca's dad and one of God's messed up creations.

Friday, January 2, 2009

listy thingy

Last week Tim talked about putting our dreams and goals on paper and not making them too easily obtainable. As I was passing a school in St. Bernard last week, the message on the sing out front was something like"great things can't happen until they are first dreamed". It struck me that the sign matched Tims message. I went back two days later with a camera to get a picture, but they'd already changed the sign.
So here's my list so far:

1. Find a new job. One that:

  • Enables for me to better provide for my family so we can all feel a little less stressed.
  • Is interesting, challenging, and gives me a chance to use and develop whatever skills I already have and to develop new ones.
  • In some way provides a service to and/or blessing to the community.

(there is actually someone at church that I'd like to work for/with, but I'm not sure if the talents I think I have would be of any use and I'm not sure if it would be proper to even bring the issue up with this person).

2. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week (I'm not as interested in exercise as Kelly).

3. Start a home business (probably EBAY).

4. Flip a house (hopefully this year)

5. Ride the zip line.

6. Wind up 2009 with no debt (except real estate) and $1783.00 in the bank.

7. Finish painting the kitchen (before Kelly's birthday).

8. Get the garage/shop straightened and set up.

9. Create the laundry room Kelly wants.

10. Remember to at least say hi to God every day.

So there's my list for now. I haven't started on the "Bucket list" but I'm not really that adventurous anyway.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

$1783.00? Where did you pull that figure from? Nevermind, I know the answer.

cinciann said...

Doug, great post and great list! If I can help at all with the job search stuff, let me know...I have lots of contacts and have been told that I'm pretty good at fixin' up resumes! ;-)

Doug said...

Kelly
1st answer - exactly where you think.
True answer - Which is more specific $1783.00 or $1700.00. Don't think to the 5's or the 2"s. If you want someone to be on time, tell them the bus is leaving at 5:03 not 5:00. The $1700.00 part (as opposed to 60,000 or 2506) seems about as realistic as possible.

Ann,

Watch out, I may take you up on the offer.

DanThoms said...

Thats a good list, those are very similar to some of my goals. Oh, hooray for eBay (except for their constantly changing rules and fees)

Helen Ann said...

Shall we make a party out of conquering the zip line??!

Doug said...

Helen,

Yes